What You'll Need:
- cork board
- red and white acrylic paint
- painters tape
- paint brush
- sandpaper (optional)
1. Use a ruler to measure out equal rectangles on either side of the cork board. Use some painters tape to help you paint a straight line. For the maple leaf, I created a template by tracing the leaf off of a Canadian flag that I had. If you don't have a flag to trace, you can print a maple leaf off of the internet, or if you're feeling artistic, you can draw a maple leaf onto the cork board.
2. Using a pencil, trace or draw the maple leaf onto the center of the cork board. Paint the two side rectangles and maple leaf red.
3. Once the red is all painted and dry, you can either leave it like this, or start painting the remaining empty space white.
4. When the white paint is dry, you can use sandpaper to lightly distress the flag if you want a rustic look.
5. Hang in your favourite spot, and enjoy your new patriotic cork board!
What to show some more Canadian pride? Here are some Canadian inspired accessories to help celebrate this beautiful country we call home.
Canadian Flag Pillow- Alamode Home
Moose Pillow- Alamode Home
Red Paint Colour- AF-290 Caliente, Benjamin Moore
White Paint Colour- OC-17 White Dove, Benjamin Moore
Driftwood Pendant- Restoration Hardware
Wooden Moose Head- Restoration Hardware
How are you showing your Canadian pride this Canada Day?